Monday, November 30, 2009

Response to Comments

When I get around to it, I will always respond to comments in a separate post, simply because I think things are easier that way.

By post;

"Hello"

First of all, thank you, everybody, for the warm welcome to the blogosphere.

Also, in response to the comment by 'In the choir loft' ("Keep posting about what non-orthodox happens you run into at Aquinas and Mother of Sorrows too."): It seems that you misunderstand the purpose of this blog. This blog is not in existence to insult and complain about Aquinas and Our Mother of Sorrows. It exists instead to notice anywhere where orthodoxy is lacking and to point them out and speculate how we can fix the Diocese of Rochester's flaws from the inside. We are not called to run away from unorthodox parishes and schools but to try to change them to become more orthodox.

"Is it the time for drastic action?..."

In response to the comment by 'Sonja' (You should interrupt that woman during the very next class you have and challenge her to explain her false statement regarding intercessory prayer.): As much as I would love to, that is very forward and also very late. If she had mentioned it within the previous three classes from now, I would do just that. However, presently it has been weeks since she said such an atrocious thing, and if I were to argue my point now, she would ask why I hadn't said something sooner, take me for a fool, and make me less than inclined to change her opinion in any way, shape, or form. However, if she brings up the issue again, I will not hesitate to interrupt her spiel and "pummel her with questions," though less loudly and violently than the quote implies.

Also, thank you to the people who wished me a happy Thanksgiving. I do hope that yours was full of family and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment